Good morning world,
I wish you all a fabulous weekend and hope it’s even better when you try out my FAVOURITE delicious green smoothie.
So just to recap my rules for the whole juice/smoothie malarkey:
- no more than 1 piece of fruit per juice/smoothie
- an add in of a superfood
A green goddess of a smoothie :
Juice: 2 celery stalks
2 handfuls of spinach
2 broccoli stalks
1 handful of kale
1 chard leaf
4 sprouts (this is the only time you’ll find me consuming these awful balls of veg)
Then blend with half an avocado and 1/2 tsp of spirulina.
This is the ultimate blend of a drink, super creamy and filling.
If you like your drinks less earthy, try with less spirulina and add in either :
– mint leaves
– some ginger
-half an apple
Any of the above additions will make it an even more delicious drink. My favourtie is ginger!
Because of its high fat and fiber content, this is the PERFECT drink for any time of the day.
Posted in Active Body, nutrition, Recipes, Smoothies, Uncategorized
Tagged blog, blogger, delicious, food, happiness, happy, health, healthy, inspiration, lifestyle, Motivation, nutrition, positive, recipe, recipes, vegan, weight loss, wellness
Is it just me or is this year is flying by??
Quite scary really, whilst I’m trying to get my summer body into play, it seems the retail world is wanting to challenge me with yet another Chocolate fest! Yes we are all guilty of it… using Easter as an excuse to get chocolate rich.
Now although I have nothing against chocolate, I decided to play around with some savoury dishes to come up with a new raw recipe to take the edge off my guilty head with all the feasting I’m doing.
I’m not usually one to go for Italian food as it leaves me feeling extremely heavy and sluggish but this dish is so much more than your everyday pizza/pasta… Raw Lasagne is the ‘bomb’. This dish is raw, vegan and free from gluten, dairy, wheat and all of the heavy bloating guilt. Super easy too.
Bunch of spring onion
Bunch of parsley
Bunch of basil
Bunch of dill
Bunch of thyme
A bag of spinach
2 chard leaves
A bag of kale
300g of pinenuts
A deep lasagne dish is necessary for this beauty!
– Slice 5 of the courgettes into thin strips (if feeling rather lazy, you can buy pre sliced courgette) and set to one side
– Add the parsley, basil, thyme, kale, chard leaves ( leave out the stalks), cherry tomatoes, spring onion to the blender and mix for 1 minute until all combined and smelling fresh.
– Once you’ve made your filling, pour mixture into a bowl and place in the fridge whilst we make our pine nut cheese!
– Now for the creamy goodness : into a clean blender, add in the rest of the ingredients. All of the pinenuts, the spinach, a handful of dill and thyme, the chard stalks, and 2 chopped courgettes.
– Blend the ingredients all it becomes a creamy thick delicious whirl of pinenut cheese.
– Now for the fun part! Layer the base of the dish with courgette, then add 2-3 spoonfuls of your filling and spread evenly.
– Add another layer of courgette, the filling and now for the creamed pinenut!
– Repeat this layer action until the dish is completely full with the “cheese” layer being last.
– Decorate with cherry tomatoes and pine nuts if you have any left!
– And there you have it! You’re very own raw and vegan lasagne.
This dish is super filling but extremely healthy for you so don’t be worried about having a big slice! I enjoy mine with a side salad but I’ve known people to want new potatoes with it.
And and the beauty of making this dish is that if you have any left overs of any of the filling or “cheese”, they are perfect with raw flaxseed crackers or to be enjoyed as part of another home-made salad.
God I’m good.
Enjoy and send me in your own creations of this recipe.
Check it out on the YouTube channel also: a more visual guide on how to make this dreamy dish.
Think More. Think Raw
Posted in nutrition, Raw Guilt free Treats, Recipes, Uncategorized
Tagged blog, blogger, delicious, feed me, food, future, happy, health, healthy, healthyrecipe, inspiration, lifestyle, Motivation, nutrition, positive, raw, raw food, rawbakestation, rawvegan, recipe, recipes, vegan, weight loss, wellness
I noticed today that the sound of laughter makes me smile.
The sight of friends rejoicing makes me feel warm inside.
On my way home from work today, I saw a young boy showing off his car to his Grandma, holding his (what I believe to be) driving test papers… I couldn’t stop smiling for the rest of my journey home.
It’s funny how little things like that can have an impact on someone else too… someone else out of the situation.
I feel we’ve become a world where there is less and less eye contact with strangers, less warm smiles to walkers by, and less “please” and “thank you”. I’m too sure why we all think we’re better than the person next to us not to crack a smile because at the end of the day no matter who we are, we are all on the same path and it may just be you can change a strangers day with just one smile…
A few of my personal friends reading this will probably be cringing at how soft I sound but I felt I needed to write this as honestly I bounce off peoples energies and although I was already buzzing inside with happiness, seeing that small moment of laughter and joy made my cheshire cat smile grow even more.
The more you smile, the more everyone else will.
The more you love, the more love you’ll feel around you.
The more you compliment, the more positive air you’ll be surrounded with.
Make someone smile today!
It’s friday, enjoy
Posted in Active Body, Active Mind, Motivation, Uncategorized
Tagged delicious, girl, happiness, happy, health, inspiration, lifestyle, Meditation, Motivation, nutrition, positive, positive thoughts, wellness