This red berry tart is light and refreshing. The perfect way to start the New Year off with a bang! Zero chocolate and action packed with red berries. The look and finish of this easy to make tart will certainly be a show stopper at the dinner parties!
- Almond Flour
- Gluten Free Oats
- Maple Syrup
- Coconut Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Sea Salt
- Pomegranate Juice
- Maple Syrup
- 2 Tsp Agar Agar Powder
- In a high-speed processor, add all in the crust ingredients and blitz until the mixture becomes moist and can be easily moulded. If the base is still slightly dry, then add a little more maple syrup.
- Prepare a cake tin, by lining with greaseproof paper.
- Press firmly into the bottom of the prepared cake tin and up the sides.
- Place in the fridge to harden for around 1 hour.
- In a saucepan, add the cranberries and pomegranate juice. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the cranberries have burst and the mixture has slightly thickened.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve into a bowl, making sure there are no cranberry skins and seeds left in the liquid.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and add in the maple syrup. Bring to the boil and then whisk in the agar agar powder. Whisk until dissolved and mixture has thickened.
- Pour the liquid over the top of the base and place in the fridge to go solid for around 4 hours.
- Decorate with blueberries, cranberries or any berry you have lying around!
Don’t forget to share your creations over on our Instagram and Twitter pages, for the chance to be mentioned!