Super easy and quick to make, but this one is bound to catch the eye of anyone who gets a glance at it! With a professional, glossy finished look this one is sure to turn the heads of your dinner guests or just your naughty eyes! Who could resist?
- 20 medjool dates (pitted)
- 190 g almonds
- 30 g cacao powder
- 4 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1x can of coconut milk (the thick part)
- 200 g chocolate chips
- A Handful of Strawberries
- Pit the dates and melt your coconut oil over a low heat. Once this is done, place all the base ingredients into a high-speed food processor, until well combined and pulsed.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment and press the base into your baking tray ensuring you take the mixture up the side of the baking tray to get a crust.
- Once this is done, place the base into the freezer whilst you prepare the filling.
- Pour the thick part of the coconut milk into a medium sized pan and let it simmer until it starts to bubble around the outside of the pan.
- Remove from the heat and add in your chocolate chips, do not touch for 5 minutes!
- After 5 minutes, whisk the melted chocolate and coconut milk together until well combined and is smooth and silky looking.
- Remove the base from the freezer and pour your filling over the base making sure its spread equally.
- Place into the fridge for around 1 hour to chill (don’t let the ganache filling go hard!)
- Chop some strawberries in half and gently press them into the ganache filling.
- Chop your dessert into whatever sized bars or squares you desire!
Don’t forget to share your creations over on our social media pages, I’d love to see some!