We’ve done stacks of yummy treats, we’ve done big delicious cakes but we haven’t done our good old layered sweet treats for a while, so here you go ladies and gents! Contrasting colours to catch that naughty eye of yours, trying to tempt you to give into that sweet tooth of yours!
- 200 g Almonds
- 20 g Cacao Powder
- 13 Medjool Dates
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 x Bags of Raw Bake Cookies (I used salted double choc)
- 2 x Large Ripe Bananas
- 170 g Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsps Almond Milk
- 50 g Maple Syrup
- 50 g Coconut Oil
- 10 g Cacao Powder
- 3 tbsps Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsps Coconut Milk
- Pinch of Salt
- Grease a loaf tin with coconut oil, but if you haven’t got a loaf tin then its safe to just use a round baking tin!
- Place the base ingredients into a food processor and blend until the mixture is smooth but crumbly.
- Tip the mixture into the loaf tin and press in firmly. If you are using a round baking tin, you will need to build the base up the sides, to stop the filling leaking out.
- Place into the freezer to set.
- In a food processor, blend together all the banana layer ingredients until the mixture is smooth but firm.
- Pour this banana layer over the top of the base and ensure it is evenly spread out.
- Place back into the freezer for around 1 hour.
- Finally, to make the chocolate layer melt the coconut oil over a Bain-marie on a low heat.
- Once the coconut oil has melted, add in the cacao powder and stir until combined (doing this over the low heat).
- Once combined, add the maple syrup and coconut milk and mix together.
- Once the mixture is ready and the bars have been in the freezer for an hour, pour the chocolate layer over the top of your layers and place into the fridge until the top layer has set.
- You should decorate with Raw Bake cookies!