We all need a good go to brownie recipe in our lives, so here’s mine for you! These melt in the mouth sweet treats are definitely one to add to the recipe book, providing you with an extra crunch by adding my new range of cookies.
- 4 tbsp ground flaxseed (with 6 tbsps of hot water to make the flaxseed “egg”)
- 250 ml water
- 220 g vegan butter (melted)
- 150 g granulated sugar
- 135 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 120 g all purpose flour
- 125 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 175 g non-dairy chocolate chips
- 3x bags of Raw Bake cookies
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C and line a 9 x 9 baking tray with parchment paper.
- To make the flaxseed egg, stir the ground flaxseeds and water together in a small bowl and set aside to thicken. This will become the “flaxseed egg”.
- In another medium sized pan, melt the vegan butter. Once the butter has melted, add in the granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Add the flaxseed egg and vanilla extract to the butter and sugar mixture, whisk until it is all combined.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa powder. Then add the salt.
- Finally fold in the chocolate chips and stir until combine (don’t overmix!)
- Pour half the mixture into the baking tray and crumble the cookies evenly all over the mixture.
- Pour the other half of the mixture over the top of the cookies and place into the oven to bake for 35 – 40 minutes. (TIP: you know the brownies are cooked when they no longer ‘jiggle’ in the middle).
- Remove from the oven, and let the brownies cool in the pan for around 15 minutes. Pull the brownies out of the baking tray by grabbing the parchment paper and allow to cool for a further 15 – 30 minutes, before cutting a serving.
For an extra crunch, crumble more cookies over the top of the brownies before serving!