Are you bananas about bananas? Then this is the recipe for you! Banana bread is one of my favourite baked sweet treats, this one is extra chocolatey because, well, we are all allowed to spoil ourselves every now and then right?! With the addition of my “criminally good” cookies, this recipe is definitely fresh out the block (or loaf tin…) in this case!
- 250 g All Purpose Flour
- 42 g Cocoa Powder
- 120 g Brown Sugar
- 100 g White Sugar
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 Ripe Bananas
- 180 ml Soy Milk
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 3 bags of Raw Bake Cookies (whichever ones you desire)
- 1 Flax Egg (using 1 tbsp ground flax seed and 3 tbsp hot water!)
- 175 g Chocolate Chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a loaf tin with baking parchment, leaving some of the parchment hanging over the side so you can easily lift the baked loaf out when cooked.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a large bowl and then add in the white and brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix together well.
- Cut the bananas up into small pieces and add to the blender along with soy milk and coconut oil, until smooth. (If you over blend the mixture the bananas will start to oxidise).
- To make the flax seed egg, add 3 tbsp of hot water and 1 tbsp of ground flaxseed to a bowl and leave for around one minute (this will make it thicker).
- Pour the blended banana mix over the dry ingredients and then add in the flax egg mixture. Fold everything in together until fully combined.
- Add your chosen bags of Raw Bake Cookies (I used the chocolate chip cookies) along with the chocolate chunks and fold in.
- Transfer the banana loaf mixture from the mixing bowl to the loaf tin and make sure it is completely smooth across the top with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for approximately 60 minutes in the centre of the oven (TIP: to know when it’s cooked pierce the loaf with a bread knife, if it comes out clean with no batter then it is cooked).
- Once cooked, lift the banana bread out of the loaf tin and place onto a cooling rack before slicing.
Don’t forget to share your baked goods over on our social media pages Twitter, Instagram and Facebook!