It’s August and the weather can’t make its mind up! One minute it’s boiling hot and we’re coating ourselves in factor 50 and the next minute it’s raining with flash floods! I’d like to think these lemon cheesecake squares are a good in between balance for the weather! Light and refreshing, but with a an extra crunch to provide all the flavours and textures needed! Check them out…
- 350 g dates
- 300 g cashews
- Pinch of salt
- 300 g soaked cashews
- 1 can coconut cream
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 lemon (the zest & juice)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Line a square baking tray with baking parchment and place to one side.
- Place the cashews (300g) for the filling into a bowl and pour boiling water over them and cover. Let them soak for at least 1 hour.
- For the base, place all the ingredients into a food processor until crumbly.
- Gently press the crust into the baking tray and make sure it is even. Place into the freezer whilst preparing the filling.
- Once the cashews have been soaked and are soft, place all the filling ingredients into the food processor (EXCEPT for the coconut oil) and blend until smooth.
- When the filling has reached a smooth consistency, you can add in the coconut oil and blend again to combine all the ingredients together.
- Pour the filling mixture on top of the base, ensure you spread it over evenly (best done with a spatula).
- Place the baking tray back into the freezer for around 1 – 2 hours to set.
- To decorate, use shredded coconut and lemon zest.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe! Have a look through some others and get your vegan juices following!