These are called Gingerbread “Bombs” because they are messy and filled to the brink with gooey goodness! If you don’t feel confident with baking, then don’t worry this recipe allows you to to be messy but also allows you to enjoy all that chocolate and stickiness at the same time. Be prepared to get your hands dirty and sticky with this one, but definitely worth the mess!
- 140g almonds
- 150g cashews
- 350g dates (pre-soaked in water)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 200g vegan white chocolate
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp gingerbread spice
- 1/2 tsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp almond milk (or whatever your preference of plant-based milk is)
- In a food processor mix the pre-soaked dates with the coconut oil until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients into the food processor until combined.
- Remove the mixture from the processor and chill in the freezer overnight.
- Once the mixture is mouldable, make 10 balls with the palm of your hands and then flatten into small ‘patties’.
- Place back in the freezer.
- Melt the chocolate over a saucepan of hot water, when all the chocolate has melted dip the bombs into the chocolate and decorate!
Did you like this recipe? Go take a look at some of the others on the blog and give them a go. Happy baking!