Bon Appetit Ladies and Gentlemen! Struggling to think of new ways to eat your bananas as one of your five a day? Well I have answered your prayers. Take a look at this mouth watering banoffee pie that will be sure to satisfy those taste buds…
- 400 g oat flour
- 140 g date syrup
- 140 g coconut oil
- 200 g date syrup
- 220 g dates
- 3 bananas
- 6 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 bananas
- Line a round (measurements x measurements) baking tray with parchment.
- For the base, melt the coconut oil in a saucepan on a low heat.
- Whilst this is melting mix all other base ingredients together in a food processor until it forms a smooth dough.
- Press the dough into the baking tray (make sure you build the dough up the side of the tray to ensure the filling doesn’t go over the sides!)
- Freeze whilst preparing the filling.
- In a food processor, blend all the filling ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour half the filling on top of the base and top with 1 1/2 sliced banana.
- Pour the remaining filling on top of the sliced banana and decorate the top of the pie with the remaining finely chopped banana pieces.
- Freeze for about 15 minutes until firm.
How easy was that? Don’t forget to share your creations over on our social media pages!