Who isn’t a fan of gingerbread at Christmas? After all, it seems to be the hot shot of Christmas Coffee shop flavours. Here is the easiest yet tastiest vegan ginger bread recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 400g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 200g coconut oil
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 200g dark muscovado sugar
- 50g maple syrup
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 6.
- Put the chia seeds in a small bowl and stir in 3 tbsp water. Leave to soak for 5-10 mins until gloopy.
- Meanwhile put the flour into a large mixing bowl and rub in the coconut oil until it’s almost disappeared into the flour. Stir in the spices. (Inhale for a beautiful smell).
- In another bowl mix together the sugar, maple syrup, chia mixture and 2 tbsp water until smooth then pour over the flour. Stir until well combined then knead together to make a soft dough. Wrap in cling film for 10 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface then use your cutter to make whatever shapes you wish and bake for 10-12 mins on baking sheets lined with baking parchment until just starting to darken at the edges. Let them cool for a couple of minutes on the tray then transfer to a wire rack to cool.