After posting my dinner creation the other evening, I received a number of “OOOoooO recipe please” messages through Instagram. An incredibly delicious and easy recipe which of course I’m going to share with you all!
I unfortunately didn’t get any good photos of this as I wasn’t planning on writing the recipe up at first so please, use your colourful imagination!
1 pack of red and white pre cooked quinoa (I bought mine from M+S)
1 Chopped Onion
1 Garlic clove
1 Red chilli
1 can of kidney beans
1/2 bag of spinach
Salt + Pepper to season.
2 cans of chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp sugar
2 Garlic cloves
1 bunch of basil
1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
– Using a food processor, blend all of your ‘meatball’ ingredients so you end up having a wet sticky mixture that is all combined.
– Spoon out the mixture and roll into balls, ready to fry up!
– Heat oil in the pan, and then once warm, fry your ‘meatballs’ so you get a slight crisp outer ‘shell’. This is to ensure the balls keep firm.
– Place all ‘Veatballs’ (see what I did there), in the oven at a 180 degrees and leave to cook through for 20 minutes.
– Whilst the ‘Veatballs’ are in the oven, add all your sauce ingredients in a pan and place on the hob for 10 minutes to warm through.
– Stir occasionally, and test taste – you may want your sauce more spicey or more sweet!
– Once cooked, add the meatballs to the sauce and simmer while you cook the pasta.
Cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to the packet instructions, then drain, reserving a mugful of cooking water. Return the pasta to the pan.
– Spoon half the tomato sauce over the pasta and toss together, adding a little splash of reserved cooking water to loosen, if needed.
– Transfer to a large platter or divide between bowls, serving the remaining sauce and meatballs on top.
Much love, Evie Xx