Macadamia Mad – these smooth and buttery like nuts are the perfect ingredient in this delicious vegan dessert. I am o b s e s s e d and I’m 100% confident you are going to be too.
As the days are becoming colder and the air more brisk, I feel it is my duty (as a chocolate obsessed, dessert queen) to bring you something that it is going to warm you from the inside out. This is very simple and quick recipe will the winning dish on the table to impress your friends you’ve (regrettably, right?) got coming over for dinner next week.
150g macadamia nuts (see notes)
100g coconut butter
1/2 can of coconut milk
150g 80% dark chocolate
Handful of macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- In a food processor, whirl macadamias until finely chopped. Pour into a bowl.
- In the same food processor, blend your flour, sugar, and coconut butter until fine crumbs form.
- Add in your macadamias and mix until the dough starts sticks together.
N.B If not sticking, add more coconut butter – 1 tbsp.
- Press mixture evenly over the bottom and up the sides of your mini tartlet moulds (I bought mine from Lakeland).
- Bake your mini crusts until golden brown, for 12 to 18 minutes.
- Set on a rack and cool at least 30 minutes.
- In a pan – pour in your coconut milk and your chocolate and keep on a low heat until the chocolate has melted. Stir occasionally.
- Once melted, take off the heat and leave to cool for 15-20 minutes until the mixture has thickened.
- Spoon out your thick and creamy chocolatey mix (very tasty btw) into your tarts and sprinkle on your macadamia toppings.
- Leave to set in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Consume that day or you can leave them in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Delicious. Truly, truly delicious.
Much Love, Evie Xx