Cashew Crew, you are going to love this one!
With the smooth creamy like base, a sweet burst of raspberry and a bitter layer of chocolate, these bars are the perfect ‘naughty’ summer sweet treat.
The best of both worlds.
For the base:
13 squishy dates (ideally medjool, but if not soak in water first)
100g cashews (soaked for 1/2 hour)
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 punnet of fresh raspberries
2 tbsp dessicated coconut
5 tbsp chia seeds
1tbsp sweetener of choice (I used coconut nectar)
Raw Chocolate top:
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp cacao
(splash of water if needed)
- Pop all the base ingredients in a food processor and blitz until everything is blended and combined to a smooth texture. (Cashews can be swapped for almonds if you prefer!) If you need a stickier consistency, add a little more coconut oil.
- In a greaseproof lined tray, pour out the base ingredients and press down. Smooth over the base with the back of a metal tbsp. until you have a flat layer. Pop this in the freezer whilst you make a start on the jam.
- Take your fresh berries* and mash them up with a fork in a separate bowl. Add your chia seeds and sweetener and mix until all ingredients have come together. Take your base out of the freezer and add jam layer on top.
- Pop back in the freezer and whilst that sets, for around an hour, you can prepare the chocolate layer for the top.
- Blitz in the blender, the chocolate ingredients until completely smooth and lump free! Taste test, if you need to add a little more sweetness, simply add in some vanilla.
- Spread this over the two other layers, you can add as thick a layer as you wish! Return to the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Before serving, allow to sit out of the freezer for 20 minutes to soften so you can cut away easily
*if you want to use frozen berries, warm through on a hob until completely thawed, then follow the same instructions 🙂
Enjoy! Remember to tag me (@rawbakestation) if you end up making this!
They really are the perfect August treat! Sticky, fruity and indulgent – this one ticks all the boxes. Think Viennese whirls with a twist, and is there any better combo than raspberry and chocolate? If so, please let me know.