Hello Coconut Crew!
I am totally obsessed with these easy to make oat bars. I’ve never been one to use oats in my recipes but they really add a hearty taste to sweet treats and especially with these bars! Tasty
– 200g oats
– 250g peanut butter
– 75g desiccated coconut
– 180g maple syrup
– 1 banana
Sticky date layer
– 12 dates
– 2 tbsp almond butter
– 1 tbsp coconut oil
-Mash the banana with the back of a fork.
– Mix together the banana, oats, desiccated coconut and peanut butter together in a bowl ensuring it all binds together. Use hands if necessary!
– Heat the maple syrup in a pan just until boiling (slight bubbles appear)
– Pour over the oat mix and thoroughly stir through until the mixture is sticking together and looking v.tasty.
– Press into a lined loose bottom baking tray and leave in the fridge to set for 1 hour!
– Place all sticky date ingredients in a high powered blender and blitz until the mix is of a smooth caramel like consistency.
– Spread evenly over the oat base and place in the fridge for another hour, then you are ready to cut and coat in chocolate!
– Melt your chocolate using a double boiler method, and coat away!
This is another simple yet seriously delicious recipe!
Your snacks will keep for 2 weeks in the fridge.