IT’S A COOKIE THING
Prepare to be amazed by these free from, super easy to make raw cookies!
100g desiccated coconut
3 medjool dates
½ tbsp. peanut butter
½ tbsp. maple syrup
1 drop vanilla essence
Pinch Himalayan salt
200g cacao butter
1 tbsp. maple syrup
½ tsp. vanilla essence
– Using a blender, blitz the oats until they become fine crumbs.
– Add in the rest of the ingredients and blend until the mixture combines and starts forming a ball or just sticking together.
– Once you are happy with the texture and taste, pour the mixture out onto a large piece of grease proof paper.
– Cut out a similar size of greaseproof paper and lay on top of the mixture. Using a rolling pin, press down on the mixture and roll it out until you have a nice even layer of ‘cookie dough’.
– Using a cutter of any size and shape, cut out your cookies and place onto a tray. Place them in the freezer for 10 minutes until they are firm.
– Whilst the cookies are freezing up, it’s time to make our chocolate!
– Using a double boiler method (hot water in a glass bowl, and place bowl of ingredients on top), melt the cacao.
– Once the cacao is fully melted, add in the rest of the ingredients, stirring continuously until the cacao powder has fully dissolved. Taste as you go, we are all different and you may like it sweeter than I do!
– Take the chocolate mix off the heat and leave to stand for a few minutes.
– The cookies will be cold enough that the chocolate will set instantly, so once you’ve taken them out of the freezer, dip to your desire and place on a piece of a greaseproof to set.
– I enjoyed mine with some vegan ice cream and strawberries… because why not!
Enjoy making these delicious raw and vegan cookies! Please share or tag me in your photos if you decide to make them.