Almond heads, you are going to LOVE this one.
The best thing about this recipe is it was totally accidental… I was making a base to a cheesecake where I would usually “wing” it because why not and my fellow Raw Bakers said it smelt really good. So, we all decided to try some and it was that moment of eyes locking and smiles blooming, that I knew we had a winner.
Pretty magical, right?
Pen and paper please:
100g Gluten-free Oats
100g Whole Almonds
100g Desiccated Coconut
1 tbsp Peanut Butter
1 tbsp Maple Syrup
1 tbsp Coconut oil
1.5 tbsp Coconut oil – melted
2 tbsp Cacao – heaped!
Middle chocolate deliciousness:
130g Coconut Butter
2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
– Blend all the “sandwich mix” ingredients, except the extra melted coconut oil, together for 10 seconds.
– Using a spoon or spatula, scrape the sides so nothing is sticking to sides. Now blend again for 5 seconds.
– Scrape the sides again, add in the melted coconut oil and blend until mixture starts to bind together.
(N.B you do not want the mixture to be super wet, but if it does need some more liquid to hold together, add in another half a tbsp of coconut oil)
– Once you’ve done that, weigh out the mixture and then split in half evenly. I got 480g all together so split into two lots of 240. (Just incase you need help there with your maths…*here to state the obvious)
– Using a loose bottom tray, press out one half of the mixture evenly to create a nice smooth layer of about 5mm in height. Put the tray into the fridge whilst you prepare the chocolate middle.
– In a separate blender, put in all the “ Middle chocolate deliciousness” ingredients and whizz it up. This make take a few minutes and you may need to stop a few times and scrape down the sides to ensure everything is being blended. (N.B good things come to those who wait)
– Once the mixture looks of a creamy soft chocolate texture, pour onto your base and smooth over evenly.
– Place the whole tray into the freezer for 10 minutes (or until the middle layer is solid)
TEN MINUTES LATER – fast forwarded it there.
– Once you’ve taken out the tray from the freezer, add on the second half of your “sandwich” mix, ensuring you cover all of the base.
– Press the bottom out of the tray and cut to your desire. I cut mine into 12 bars… and now I have to eat them all.
– Prepare to be amazed that you can create something SO delicious in your own kitchen. Hopefully they’ll last longer for you than they are doing for me.
Enjoy friends! Please show me/ tag me in any photos if you recreate this! I want to be apart of your fun.