So it’s official, the banana is out of the skin, the chocolate naked on the table top, and the blender ready for action. I am here to show you (on paper of course) how you can blend these two flavours into a cashew fudge mix to make a “BANGIN’ afternoon cake for you and the gang… or just you.
500g Cashews (soaked for 8 hours)
3 tbsp. of melted coconut oil
2 tbsp. of coconut nectar
4 drops of banana essence ( I bought mine from Lakeland )
Himalayan Salt (sprinkle)
Base Ingredients :
1 tbsp. of melted coconut oil
You can get all of this in your nearest supermarket.
Method in the madness:
Soak the cashews for 8 hours in warm water.
(8 hours later)
-Blend the cashews, almonds, pecan and dates into the mixer. Once thoroughly blended, scrape the sides so the mix is all back in the blender bowl and add in the tbsp. of coconut oil. Blend again until mixture is bind together.
-Line a tray and press the mixture into the tray. Smooth over with the back of the large tbsp spoon so it’s all even.
– Leave in the fridge whilst making the banana chocolate fudge mix.
– Using a clean blender, add in the soaked cashews, dates, the vanilla, the banana essence, the cacao and blend for 3-5 minutes.
– Then add in the nectar, the melted coconut oil and the Himalayan salt and blend!
– Keeping blending until the mixture is of a very smooth consistency.
– Taste it. It’s obligatory. (Great, right?)
– Using a spatula, scrape out the mix onto the base you made earlier. Smooth into tray so it is evenly spread across the base.
– Once smoothed over, place in the freezer for 4 hours.
– Enjoy on its own or with some whipped coconut cream and melted chocolate.
Keep in the fridge for 3 days or in the freezer for 3 weeks!
Enjoy guys 😊